As of March 1, 2012 we have stopped this service. My sister is moving from Hawaii and no longer available to write names for us. Thank you to all of you who have let us do this for you. I wish you gentle and peaceful days. ALOHA!



In 2002 my son Gabriel was stillborn. At times it seems he was just a figment of my imagination. I am always looking to find ways to remember him and it is a comfort to see his name in print as another verification that he DID exist.

My sister wrote his name in the sand of a beach close to her home on the North Shore of Hawaii. It is a beach set aside as a ‘quiet place of reflection’. I love how the photo turned out- and it seems so suitable to me that it is not a permanent thing, but rather, just like Gabriel, it is here for just a minute and then gone. But for a brief moment, the world is a little different because of him.




Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 comments: